Special Privacy Note to Members
“Members” shall mean mental health professional individuals or groups that pay membership fees to be listed in our membership directory. When you register to be listed in our membership directory we collect personal information that will be used to create your profile such as name, address, and telephone number as well as professional information such as qualifications, certifications, specializations, etc. We will ask for additional information for our records that will not be displayed on your profile such as email address. This information will never be rented, sold or shared with any third party. Sensitive credit card information that you provide in order for us to process payment from you goes directly to a secured third-party credit card company. We do not see this information and thus do not store it anywhere.
Special Privacy Note to Users
”Users” shall mean those individuals or groups who visit the website. Users who choose to reach a therapist via email shall please note the following: The information you send to the therapist is deleted from our system upon the confirmation of the therapists’ receipt of it. It is not read or retained by us at all though it passes through our servers. It is in turn sent to an email address that has been designated by the therapist. If you have any concerns about the privacy of your communication once it is received by the therapist, you may choose to call the therapist instead.
Anything you post on the website whether they are comments, blogposts, and articles, etc. are for the consumption of all users of the website. No such materials are treated confidentially. We will remove any post you have made at your request, but such materials may still exist on servers where such information has already been downloaded and stored elsewhere.
Collection of Information
This website collects various types of information, such as:
• Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
• Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs. Please rest assured that this site shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site. The Company may have the occasion to collect anonymous demographic information. We may also gather information about the type of browser you are using, IP address or type of operating system to assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service. It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
Use of Information Collected
The Company may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from OwlElephant.com. The Company may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
The Company does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists and/or names to any third parties. The Company may feel it necessary, from time to time, to make contact with you on behalf of other external business partners with regards to a potential new offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party.
The Company may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
The Company may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
• Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon the Company and/or our website;
• Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of the Company; and
• Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of OwlElephant.com and/or the general public.
Children Under Age of 18
The Company does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen (18) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of eighteen (18), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of eighteen (18) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Company shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control. The Company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
The Owl & Elephant
41 University Drive, Suite 400
Newtown, PA 18940